Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Trip to Denver December 2012

We just returned from our trip out to Denver. Although we are tired folks we are so glad we made the trek there and back again. The Garfield group knows how to have a good time and we partied it up pretty hard. 

 I was invited to attend "Girl's Night" which is a yearly party held by a group of old high school friends my sisters-in-law are a part of. It was a blast for sure. The white elephant exchange was a riot. 
Eli and Nora played hard all weekend. These two are good buddies...but can be a little like oil and water as Nora is a girl and a bit dramatic and Eli is a boy and LOVES to push buttons. As the adults around Dan and I spend a bit of time laughing in our hands at the little tiffs these two fought out. 
Garfield Grandkids minus a sleeping Sammy. 
We made a visit down to Jeff and fam in Colorado Springs to see them and their new house. Both were lovely. Eli had a great time playing with his cousins. 
 Dan and Jabba. 
 Sammy explores a sippy.
 NEW YEAR'S EVE! I should make this event its own post but I'm being LAZY so I'll just share a bunch of pics! We had a totally amazing time. Dan's siblings planned quite the evening and we just tagged along. First stop was a restaurant in down-town Denver I won't soon forget. Everything was AMAZING. Seriously one of the best meals I've ever had. 
 Here was my entree plate. Lobster and fillet mignon....how can you beat that?
 After dinner we were invited to take a little "joy ride" around Denver in the limo Dan's other siblings had rented for the night. I hadn't been in a limo since High School prom and it was FUN. 
 The obligatory "I feel like a celebrity but in fact I have two kids at home and a mortgage" shot. 

 I kept commenting that the limo reminded me of Space Mountain. 
 On to the next event!! We had tickets to an 80s cover band concert at a pub downtown. It was a blast. Dan commented a few times during the evening that he had no idea his wife was such a wild child I told him he had never seen me out so late so tired. 
 We found some groupies who were drunk enough to let us pose with them for a pic. 
New Year's Eve comes to an end. We made it until 2am which is LATE for us. It felt especially late when Sammy woke up at 6am...

We made it home last night and enjoyed a good night's sleep in our beds. When we woke up Eli had a fever of 102 and was throwing up. This afternoon I took him into the drs and found out he has a nasty double ear infection. He's been so cuddly all day...too bad its all due to sickness!


No comments:

Post a Comment